Checklist for Incoming Freshmen
- Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript
- List of Senior Year Courses (if currently in high school)
- Official copy of standardized ACT test score (MSU ACT Code:1532)
- Official College Transcript (if taking college classes while in high school)
- Official AP or CLEP Scores (if taken)
- Residency Documents (if required by Undergraduate Admissions)
- Deadline: All required documents must be received by Undergraduate Admissions at least two weeks prior to the start of the term.
- Application and deposit (if living on campus)
- Exemption form (if living in permanent residence within 50 miles of campus)
- Deadline: July 31
- Building preference or roommate preference cannot be guaranteed if application is received after January 1
- Housing cannot be guaranteed for applications received after July 31; applications received after this date will only be assigned as space becomes available
- Application (available online at MSU beginning October 1)
- Required additional documentation
- Recommendation letter and a list of achievements/activities
- Deadline: January 15
- Students should take the ACT before (or during) December for scores to be considered.
4. Financial Aid
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (MSU FAFSA Code: 001977)
- Please visit the Office of Financial Aid's website for more information.
5. After Admission
- Make sure any transfer/dual credit or AP credit is sent to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Send official final high school transcript (after graduation) or official college transcript (after finishing the semester/term) to Undergraduate Admissions
- Sign up for and attend one Summer Orientation session (Information available online in March)