Eating & Sleeping
- Murray State has several dining options. Winslow Dining Hall, the largest venue on campus, hosts several buffet options and changes menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night meals. If you have special dining needs, they will happily accommodate you. Campus Pizza also operates through Winslow and will deliver a variety of options anywhere on campus
- International students have the unique experience of hosting International Night at Winslow! Share your favorite dish from home with students and faculty. You can also participate in the performances that take place throughout the night. Students file in for a taste of World culture. Midnight Breakfast is another fun night in Winslow and it takes place every semester during finals week. Since students stay up late studying, it has become a tradition for the faculty and staff of the university to stay up late as well and reward the students a late night breakfast. Seeing your favorite teachers in hair nets can make all the late hours worthwhile. Winslow has several themed dinners throughout the semester.
- Those with busy academic schedules may want to visit the student center known as the Curris Center. Its handy location on campus, as well as its various dining options, make it a prime lunch spot. The T’Room is the main venue within the Curis Center and it offers a short order grill, salad bar, pizza station, deli, and more. Also located in the Curris Center is the newest dining service to Murray State, Sushi with Gusto. Next to Dunker’s Deli is a coffee shop selling Starbucks to sleepy students throughout the day known as the Thoroughbrewed Café. Another Thoroughbrewed Café can be found in the lobby of Hart College.
- There are other dining options within the campus buildings, such as Starbooks in the library, and the Business Express in the Business Building. With so many options and locations, your rumbling stomach will be satisfied no matter where you are on campus. Look out for Murray’s newest dining addition, the Pony Express; our very own food truck!
- Wondering where you are going to live? Students at the university take up residence in one of our 8 Residential Colleges. The price is different depending on which residential college you live in. Check out the different options and rates here. Another option is College Courts, located right behind the residential colleges. This is a low-cost housing alternative is ideal for those who want to save money but still live within walking distance of their classes.
- Click on the links below to see details about each residence hall:
Health and Wellness
- If you feel sick at any point of your stay in Murray, pay a visit to Health Services, located in Wells Hall. Health Services is staffed with a Nurse Practitioner as well as professional nurses throughout operational hours. There is also a physician on call and at the facility 6 hrs. a week.
- There is also a Counseling Center for anyone needing a listening ear. Common issues they help with include homesickness, depression, and managing stress. Their services are completely confidential.
Sports and Recreation
- One thing you should know before coming to MSU is that Kentucky loves its basketball. Racer Basketball is taken very seriously at Murray State. Our OVC champion team can be seen in action at any of the home games during the Spring, free of charge to Murray State Students. Become part of The Stampede, a student basketball fan club, and get prime seating in the student section. Fans also get together to tailgate before Racer Football games. Murray also has fantastic teams in the sports of tennis, volleyball, women’s soccer, baseball, and more!
- If you want to try your hand at some competitive sports, check out the intramural team sports in basketball, soccer, flag football, and many others. You can play with your residential college, for a greek organization, or even form your own team to dominate the field or court.
- Murray State has several facilities for working on personal fitness. The Carr Health building has several basketball courts, an indoor pool, racquetball courts, dance studios, and more. Groups can rent out the Carr Health building facilities free of charge.
- Murray’s main center for exercise is the Bauernfeind Recreation and Wellness Center. Not only does the Wellness center have state of the art equipment, basketball courts, locker rooms, and an Olympic sized swimming pool, but they also offer free classes such as cycling, zumba, line dancing, tai chi, and kickboxing. You can check out further recreational equipment from the wellness center as well.
- If Tennis is your sport of choice, head to the Purcell Courts for a match. The Purcell courts are located across the soccer field from the Curris Center, in front of Regents and White Residential Colleges. In front of New Richmond and New Clark is another set of tennis courts as well as a recreational soccer field.
- If you choose to live in a Residential College or College Courts, you are already within walking distance of campus. Murray offers Racer Routes as a free service which takes students to the main parts of the town of Murray. If you aren’t using a car to get around while you are here, this is a great option.