Innovation Assistantship Program
Financial Aid | Minority Graduate Fellowships | Graduate Assistantships
MSU Innovation Research Assistantships
Call for Applications
The Office of the Provost, in coordination with the MSU Research Policy Committee, is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2011-2012 Innovation Research Assistantships. Recipients of this award will receive a full-time, in-state tuition waiver for a period of no more than four semesters beginning fall 2011 (does not include costs for housing, meals, parking, yearbook, web courses, or courses taught at extended campuses).
Eligibility criteria include the following:
- Must be admitted unconditionally to a graduate program as a degree-seeking student
- Must be selected for a regular Graduate Assistantship by his/her department AND must maintain his/her regular assistantship as awarded by the department or college
- Must have achieved a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.2 (on a 0 - 4.0 scale)
- Must have achieved a minimum GRE Verbal + Quantitative total score of 1200 (or equivalent GMAT/MCAT score) IF required by the graduate program
- Must be enrolled in graduate courses during the semesters of employment (six hours minimum, twelve hours maximum for both fall and spring semesters)
- Must be involved/engaged with his/her research project for 20 hours per week and have regular attendance in the specific department in which the faculty mentor is housed and the innovation assistantship is awarded. Work hours should be set in conjunction with the faculty mentor.
In addition to the above criteria, the student must maintain his/her regular assistantship as awarded by their department or college for the duration of the Innovation Research Assistantship.
Complete applications must be received in the Graduate Admissions Office no later than March 22, 2011. Awards will be announced no later than April 22.
Innovation Research Assistantship Application 2011 (pdf)
Innovation Research Assistantship Application 2011 (doc)