Building Coordinator Program | Current Emergency Alerts | Emergency Procedures | Environmental | Fire Safety
Lab Safety | Occupational Safety & Health | Programs & Training | Public Safety & Emergency Management
Directory | Links | ESH Home
- Smoke, fire or an explosion in a building shall warrant activation of the nearest fire pull station which is located near an outside exit.
- Call MSU Police at 911. If there is no answer, or if the line is busy, call 2222. Immediately evacuate the building using established evacuation routes. Do not use elevators.
- If possible, provide assistance to mobility-impaired individuals. If this is not possible, or if anyone is injured, call MSU Police at 911. Provide the location to arriving emergency services (fire, police, etc.) of physically-impaired individuals sheltered in the building.
- Do not attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Once outside the building, account for all building occupants at the designated meeting area.
- Do not re-enter the building or leave the campus unless advised to do so by the building coordinator, department chair or MSU Police.
- Give any known details of the alarm or fire to arriving emergency personnel.
- Report damage to Facilities Management at 4291.
Video of a live burn of a mock dorm room at MSU - click below to open video link
Open Flame Policy
Open Flame Permit