Summer O Application
We are excited about your interest in becoming a 2018 Summer Orientation Counselor! The Office of Recruitment is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic candidates who will represent Murray State University well to prospective students and their families.
Summer Orientation Counselors will serve as peer educators, group facilitators, performers, resource persons, role models, and ambassadors for Murray State University. There are several stages to the selection process.
- APPLICATION: Due online by 4:30 on Friday, October 13, 2017. Applications will be available on September 25, 2017.
First-time Counselor Application
Returning Counselor Application
- (A) FIRST-TIME COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION:Have one Recommendation Form completed by Murray State faculty or staff member or
a past or present employer. CLICK HERE FOR FORM
(B) RETURNING COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION:
- Have one Recommendation Letter completed by a First Year Student.
- Student must type the recommendation in letter format.
- Student must not be a new member from your Greek Organization.
- ATTEND AN INTEREST SESSION: Interest Sessions will help answer any questions you may have about the position and
the responsibilities involved with the program. You MUST attend a session to complete your application. If you are unable to attend, please
set up a meeting with DeVonna Sydnor (email@example.com). They will be held during the following times:
- Monday, September 18, 2017 @ 3:00 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 @ 3:00 PM (Cumberland Room - Curris Center)
- Monday, September 25, 2017 @ 11:00 AM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Monday, September 25, 2017 @ 3:00 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 @ 3:00 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Tuesday, October 3, 2017 @ 11:00 AM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 @ 3:00 PM (Office of Recruitment Conference Room)
- GROUP INTERVIEWS: After submitting the application and recommendation letter, please sign up for a group interview in the Office of Recruitment. Interviews will be held on October 30 & October 31, 2017 at 6:00pm in the Curris Center Stables.
- INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEW: After submitting the application and recommendation letter, please sign up for an individual interview in the Office of Recruitment. Interviews will be held within the week of November 13-17th, 2017.
Please refer questions to:
New Student Programs