Summer O Application
We are excited about your interest in becoming a 2017 Summer Orientation Counselor! The Office of Recruitment is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic candidates who will represent Murray State University well to prospective students and their families.
Summer Orientation Counselors will serve as peer educators, group facilitators, performers, resource persons, role models, and ambassadors for Murray State University. There are several stages to the selection process.
- 1. APPLICATION: Due online by 4:30 on Friday, October 14, 2016. Applications will be available on September 26, 2016.
First-time Counselor Application: Our Summer Orientation Counselor Application has closed!
Returning Counselor Application: Our Summer Orientation Returning Counselor Application has closed!
- 2.a FIRST-TIME COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION: Have one Recommendation Form completed by an MSU faculty or staff member or a past
or present employer. CLICK HERE FOR FORM
2.b RETURNING COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION:
- Have one Recommendation Letter completed by a First Year Student.
- Student must type the recommendation in letter format.
- Student must not be a new member from your Greek Organization.
- 3. ATTEND AN INTEREST SESSION: Interest Sessions will help answer any questions you may have about the position and
the responsibilities involved with the program. You MUST attend a session to complete your application. If you are unable to attend, please
set up a meeting with Mallory LaPlant. They will be held during the following times:
- Monday, September 19, 2016 @ 3:30 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 @ 2:30 PM (Ohio Room - Curris Center)
- Monday, September 26, 2016 @ 10:30 AM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Monday, September 26, 2016 @ 3:30 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016 @ 11:00 AM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016 @ 3:00 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- Monday, October 10, 2016 @ 12:30 PM (Mississippi Room - Curris Center)
- 4. GROUP INTERVIEWS: After submitting the application and recommendation letter, please sign up for a group interview in the Office of Recruitment. Interviews will be held on October 24 & October 25, 2016 at 6:00pm in the Curris Center Stables.
- 5. INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEW: After submitting the application and recommendation letter, please sign up for an individual interview in the Office of Recruitment. Interviews will be held within the week of November 14-18th, 2016.
Please refer questions to: