Summer O Application
We are excited about your interest in becoming a 2016 Summer Orientation Counselor! The Office of Recruitment is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic candidates who will represent Murray State University well to prospective students and their families.
Summer Orientation Counselors will serve as peer educators, group facilitators, performers, resource persons, role models, and ambassadors for Murray State University. There are several stages to the selection process.
- 1. APPLICATION: Due online by 4:30 on Friday, October 16, 2015. Applications will be available on September 28, 2015.
First-time Counselor Application: The deadline to submit an application has now passed.
Returning Counselor Application: The deadline to submit an application has now passed.
- 2.a FIRST-TIME COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION: Have one Recommendation Form completed by an MSU faculty or staff member or a past
or present employer. CLICK HERE FOR FORM
2.b RETURNING COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATION:
- Have one Recommendation Letter completed by a First Year Student.
- Student must type the recommendation in letter format.
- Student must not be a new member from your Greek Organization.
- 3. ATTEND AN INTEREST SESSION:Interest Sessions will help answer any questions you may have about the position and
the responsibilities involved with the program. You must attend a session to complete
your application. If you are unable to attend, please set up a meeting with Mallory
LaPlant. They will be held during the following times:
September 21, 2015, 3:30 pm, Cumberland Room - Curris Center
September 23, 2015, 11:00 am, Cumberland Room – Curris Center
September 28, 2015, 10:30 am & 3:30 pm, Ohio Room - Curris Center (both times)
October 6, 2015, 3:00 pm, Mississippi Room – Curris Center
October 8, 2015, 11:00 am, Ohio Room – Curris Center
- 4. GROUP INTERVIEWS:After submitting the application and recommendation letter, please sign up for a group interview in the Office of Recruitment. Interviews will be held on November 2 & November 3, 2015 at 6:00pm in the Curris Center Dance Lounge.
- 5. INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEW:After submitting the application and recommendation letter, please sign up for an individual interview in the Office of Recruitment. Interviews will be held on November 16-19, 2015.
Please refer questions to: