Murray State University
POLICY NUMBER: VI K
SUBJECT: OUTSIDE EMPLOYMENT
APPLIES TO: STAFF
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 1993
REVISED FROM: February 17, 1990
An employee who is employed outside the University shall comply with the following regulations:
1. The hours of the employee's outside employment shall not conflict with his/her University hours of scheduled work including requested overtime by his/her department.
2. Outside employment shall not conflict with the employee's University job responsibilities or affect the employee's ability to perform satisfactorily in his/her University position.
3. Outside employment shall not cause the employee to arrive late for, or leave early from, his/her scheduled work shift or hours.
4. An employee cannot directly or indirectly maintain an outside business or financial interest, or engage in any outside business or financial activity, which conflicts with the interests or principles of the University.
5. Any employment or interest which a supervisor or department head feels is detrimental to the individual's job performance shall be discussed with the individual, and necessary action will be determined to remedy the situation.