The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority Work Study program allows students to gain valuable career related experience while attending school. (Employers benefit because they receive a $2.00 reimbursement for every hour a student works up to 20 hours per week, fall and spring terms; 40 hours per week, holidays and the summer terms.)Click the arrow for more information
To qualify for the KHEAA Work Study Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be accepted for enrollment or be enrolled at least half-time at Murray State University
- Be in good standing and progressing satisfactorily toward completion of their education program as determined by the participating educational institution
- Be receiving insufficient financial aid (grants, loans, & scholarships) to cover school expenses
- Not be in pursuit of a major course of study in religion, theology, or divinity
- Priority will be given to undergraduate students.
The following are current KHEAA Work Study openings and their description:
Administrative Assistant with background in Human Resource Mgmt.off campus, approx.15 hrs. per week M-F between the hours of 7:30am-4:30pm,flexible on the days.
- Teaching Assistant for Early Childhood Development, must be majoring in Early Childhood and/or Elementary Education, or any area of Special Education. Hours would be 11:30 - 3:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Process & Documents
Complete the KHEAA Work Study Application and email to KHEAA Coordinator or bring by Career Services, 100 Oakley Applied Science
Murray State University Career Services
100 Oakley Applied Science
Available Tue, 8 AM - 4:30 PM | Wed, 12:30 - 4:30 PM | Thu, 1:30 - 4:30 PM
Murray State Career Services
Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (Summer) | 8 AM - 4:30 PM (Fall/Spring)
100 Oakley Applied Sciences Bldg | Murray, KY 42071
P: 270.809.3735 (call for appointments) | F: 270.809.3516 | firstname.lastname@example.org