Policy Section 6
Policy - Section 6 - Miller Memorial Golf Course
Subject: Use of Miller Memorial Golf Course Clubhouse & Pavilion
Date: October 2, 1998
The following procedures shall be followed for the use of Miller Memorial Golf Course clubhouse and pavilion.
USE - The clubhouse and pavilion are intended to be used for the benefit of members of the Miller Memorial Golf Course; the Murray State University Foundation, Inc. (Foundation); the Murray State University (University) governing board, department, staff, faculty, and students; and groups and individuals not affiliated with the University. Any group or individual occupying the clubhouse and pavilion shall adhere to the policies governing the use and operation of the clubhouse and pavilion and all laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky applying to the use of property owned and operated by the Foundation.
FACILITY RESERVATION - Scheduling of events to be held in the clubhouse and pavilion shall be supervised by an employee of Miller Memorial Golf Course to be designated by the Director of Golf of Miller Memorial Golf Course. Events shall be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
DAMAGE - Any person or group damaging fixtures, equipment, or any property of the clubhouse and pavilion shall be charged the cost of repair and replacement of the damaged property. Groups and individuals identified in Schedule B and Schedule C of the Fee Schedule shall be required to deposit a refundable damage fee prior to using the facility. (See Fee Schedule)
DECORATIONS AND ALTERATIONS - Any rearrangement, removal, or addition of furniture or other objects located in the clubhouse and pavilion must be authorized by the supervisor of the facility. The only adhesive substances that may be used throughout the clubhouse and pavilion is masking tape and no adhesive substances may be used on painted surfaces. All decorations must be removed by the group or individual using the clubhouse and pavilion, or a penalty fee will be levied. (See Fee Schedule)
SCHEDULE A - No rental fee will be charged for use of the clubhouse and pavilion by the following:
- The Murray State University Foundation
- The Murray State University Board of Regents
- Office of the President or Vice Presidents
However, any costs that are charged to Miller Memorial Golf Course by the University such as transportation and set-up of tables and chairs or other additional maintenance must be absorbed by the party using the clubhouse and pavilion.
Arrangements for payment of damages resulting from use by one of the above groups will be made through agreement with the Director of Golf of Miller Memorial Golf Course.
SCHEDULE B - A rental fee of $100 will be charged for use of the clubhouse and pavilion by the following:
- Colleges, departments, or units of the University.
- Officially recognized faculty or staff organizations affiliated with the University.
- Officially recognized student organizations affiliated with the University.
The rental fee shall be charged to the unit or organization for each day or portion thereof that the clubhouse and pavilion are in use or otherwise occupied.
SCHEDULE C - A rental fee of $150 will be charged for use of the clubhouse and pavilion by the following:
- Faculty and staff organizations not officially recognized by the University.
- Student organizations not officially recognized by the University.
- Civic, fraternal, social organizations, or other groups not directly affiliated with the University.
The rental fee shall be charged to the individual or organization for each day or portion thereof that the clubhouse and pavilion are in use or otherwise occupied.
The above groups and individuals identified in Schedule B and C shall be charged a $50 damage deposit fee, payable 72 hours prior to the date of the scheduled event. In addition to the rental fee, and damage deposit fee, any other costs that are charged to Miller Memorial Golf Course by the University such as transportation and set-up of tables and chairs or other additional maintenance must be absorbed by the party using the clubhouse. The rental fee and the University charges are also due at this time. The damage deposit shall be refunded to the payor in part or full within two weeks after the scheduled event. Arrangements for payment of additional damages shall be made by agreement with the Director of Golf of Miller Memorial Golf Course.
The damage deposit, rental fee, and University costs must be paid to Miller Memorial Golf Course 72 hours prior to the date of the scheduled event.
A penalty may be levied against individuals or organizations who neglect to remove decorations or fail to return the clubhouse to its original condition. The penalty shall be determined in part upon the cost to the Miller Memorial Golf Course for necessary maintenance.
Revised October 21, 2005 & September 15, 2014
The Murray State University Foundation, Inc. (Foundation) has adopted the principles of purchasing utilized by Murray State University (University) with certain exceptions (See Section 3.01). The University Procurement Services uses a Central Receiving function to ensure that goods have been received in proper quantity and condition before vendors' invoices are approved for payment. Because of the physical location of the Miller Memorial Golf Course (Golf Course), it is not practical for Golf Course merchandise, supplies, and equipment to be shipped to the University's Central Receiving Department. The following policy is adopted to ensure that Golf Course merchandise, supplies, and equipment have been received in proper quantity and condition before purchase orders are submitted to Procurement Services for payment.
- The Pro Shop Manager maintains a ledger by vendor which lists all outstanding Pro Shop merchandise, supply, and equipment orders. The Director of Golf maintains a ledger for all other orders (i.e., Building & Grounds, etc.) over $500.
- Merchandise and supplies delivered to the Golf Course should be inspected by a designated Golf Course employee. The items received should be compared against the packing slip supplied with the order. Any shortage or damage should be noted on the packing slip, if the order is accepted. (Damaged or non-conforming merchandise does not require acceptance.) The employee inspecting the order should sign and date the packing slip with the date of delivery. If a bill of lading is presented by the delivery company, any damage or discrepancy must be noted before the bill of lading is signed.
- If a merchandise or supply order is delivered without a packing slip, a receiving report (Exhibit 1) should be completed by a Golf Course employee. The receiving report should be signed and dated by the employee and the delivery person.
- The signed packing slip or receiving report should be submitted to the Pro Shop Manager for Pro Shop orders. All other receiving documents should be submitted to the Director of Golf. Each manager compares the receiving documentation to the order entered in his/her vendor ledger. When the goods have been received in the condition and terms of the order, the date of delivery should be entered into the appropriate ledger.
- If goods are received as a result of a Purchase Order initiated by the University's Procurement Services, invoices will be submitted directly to Procurement Services by the vendor. Procurement Services cannot approve an invoice for payment until there is evidence that the goods have been received. Therefore, a copy of the signed and dated packing slip or receiving report should be sent to Procurement Services as soon as the goods are delivered to the Golf Course.
- If a Purchase Order was not issued for the merchandise or supplies received, the Pro Shop Manager should initiate payment of the vendor's invoice. The Pro Shop manager should verify the invoice against the packing slip or receiving report prior to submitting the invoice to the Foundation for payment.
Revised September 15, 2014
Subject: Requests for Quotations - Miller Golf Course
Date: April 1, 1992
The Miller Memorial Golf Course (Golf Course) is required to comply with Murray State University Foundation Inc.'s (Foundation) policy on expenditure of funds (See Section 3.01). Item Number 4 of Section 3.01 requires that the Murray State University (University) Procurement Services be consulted for purchases of $2,500 or more. This policy provides an exception to Item Number 4 (B) of Section 3.01, which pertains to purchases within the $5,000 to $20,000 range.
In emergency situations (i.e. where the continuity of operation of the Golf Course would be interrupted), the Golf Course will be permitted to solicit price quotations by FAX transmission. The following policy applies to FAX quotations obtained by the Golf Course.
- Approval should be obtained from the Director of Procurement Services and the Foundation President to request quotations from vendors. This approval should be obtained on a case by case basis.
- Quotations should be received from a minimum of three vendors if available. These quotes may be received in the form of fax, email, or phone.
- The Director of Golf should document each quote, noting date, vendor name and address, item quoted, price, and any other pertinent information. ster copy.
- A summary of the quotes should be submitted to the Director of Procurement with a recommendation on which quote to accept. If the low bid is not accepted, the Director of Golf must submit a letter of explanation to the Procurement Services (requires Foundation President approval if not the low bid).
- After award of the quotation, the Director of Golf may notify the successful vendor and request shipment. Receipt of the incoming order may be acknowledged by a designated Golf Course employee by checking the materials/equipment against the master copy of the quotation.
- When an invoice has been received for the merchandise, enter the invoice in Banner and forward invoice to Procurement Services. A copy of the master Quotation should be attached to the requisition, along with the invoice.
Revised: October 27, 2014