Subject: Use of Miller Memorial Golf Course Clubhouse & Pavilion
Date: October 2, 1998
The following procedures shall be followed for the use of Miller Memorial Golf Course clubhouse and pavilion.
USE - The clubhouse and pavilion are intended to be used for the benefit of members of the Miller Memorial Golf Course; the Murray State University Foundation; the Murray State University governing board, department, staff, faculty, and students; and groups and individuals not affiliated with Murray State University. Any group or individual occupying the clubhouse and pavilion shall adhere to the policies governing the use and operation of the clubhouse and pavilion and all laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky applying to the use of property owned and operated by the Murray State University Foundation.
FACILITY RESERVATION - Scheduling of events to be held in the clubhouse and pavilion shall be supervised by an employee of Miller Memorial Golf Course to be designated by the Clubhouse/Pro Shop Manager of Miller Memorial Golf Course. Events shall be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
DAMAGE - Any person or group damaging fixtures, equipment, or any property of the clubhouse and pavilion shall be charged the cost of repair and replacement of the damaged property. Groups and individuals identified in Schedule B and Schedule C of the Fee Schedule shall be required to deposit a refundable damage fee prior to using the facility. (See Fee Schedule)
DECORATIONS AND ALTERATIONS - Any rearrangement, removal, or addition of furniture or other objects located in the clubhouse and pavilion must be authorized by the supervisor of the facility. The only adhesive substances that may be used throughout the clubhouse and pavilion is masking tape and no adhesive substances may be used on painted surfaces. All decorations must be removed by the group or individual using the clubhouse and pavilion, or a penalty fee will be levied. (See Fee Schedule)
SCHEDULE A - No rental fee will be charged for use of the clubhouse and pavilion by the following:
- The Murray State University Foundation
- The Murray State University Board of Regents
- Office of the President or Vice Presidents
However, any costs that are charged to Miller Memorial Golf Course by the University such as transportation and set-up of tables and chairs or other additional maintenance must be absorbed by the party using the clubhouse and pavilion.
Arrangements for payment of damages resulting from use by one of the above groups will be made through agreement with the Clubhouse/Pro Shop Manager of Miller Memorial Golf Course.
SCHEDULE B - A rental fee of $100 will be charged for use of the clubhouse and pavilion by the following:
- Colleges, departments, or units of Murray State University
- Officially recognized faculty or staff organizations affiliated with Murray State University.
- Officially recognized student organizations affiliated with Murray State University.
The rental fee shall be charged to the unit or organization for each day or portion thereof that the clubhouse and pavilion are in use or otherwise occupied.
SCHEDULE C - A rental fee of $150 will be charged for use of the clubhouse and pavilion by the following:
- Faculty and staff organizations not officially recognized by Murray State University.
- Student organizations not officially recognized by Murray State University.
- Civic, fraternal, social organizations, or other groups not directly affiliated with Murray State University.
The rental fee shall be charged to the individual or organization for each day or portion thereof that the clubhouse and pavilion are in use or otherwise occupied.
The above groups and individuals identified in Schedule B and C shall be charged a $50 damage deposit fee, payable 72 hours prior to the date of the scheduled event. In addition to the rental fee, and damage deposit fee, any other costs that are charged to Miller Memorial Golf Course by the University such as transportation and set-up of tables and chairs or other additional maintenance must be absorbed by the party using the clubhouse. The rental fee and Murray State University charges are also due at this time. The damage deposit shall be refunded to the payor in part or full within two weeks after the scheduled event. Arrangements for payment of additional damages shall be made by agreement with the Clubhouse/Pro Shop Manager of Miller Memorial Golf Course.
The damage deposit, rental fee, and University costs must be paid to Miller Memorial Golf Course 72 hours prior to the date of the scheduled event.
A penalty may be levied against individuals or organizations who neglect to remove decorations or fail to return the clubhouse to its original condition. The penalty shall be determined in part upon the cost to the Miller Memorial Golf Course for necessary maintenance.
Updated: October 21, 2005
Subject: Receiving - Miller Golf Course
Date: April 1, 1992
The Foundation has adopted the principles of purchasing utilized by Murray State University with certain exceptions (See Section 3.01). Murray State's Procurement Services uses a Central Receiving function to ensure that goods have been received in proper quantity and condition before vendors' invoices are approved for payment. Because of the physical location of the Miller Golf Course, it is not practical for Golf Course merchandise, supplies, and equipment to be shipped to Murray State's Central Receiving Department. The following policy is adopted to ensure that Golf Course merchandise, supplies, and equipment have been received in proper quantity and condition before invoices are submitted to Procurement Services for payment.
- The Pro Shop Manager maintains a ledger by vendor which lists all outstanding Pro Shop merchandise, supply, and equipment orders. The Golf Course Manager maintains a ledger for all other orders (i.e., Building & Grounds, etc.) over $500.
- Merchandise and supplies delivered to the Golf Course should be inspected by a designated Golf Course employee. The items received should be compared against the packing slip supplied with the order. Any shortage or damage should be noted on the packing slip, if the order is accepted. (Damaged or non-conforming merchandise does not require acceptance.) The employee inspecting the order should sign and date the packing slip with the date of delivery. If a bill of lading is presented by the delivery company, any damage or discrepancy must be noted before the bill of lading is signed.
- If a merchandise or supply order is delivered without a packing slip, a receiving report should be completed by a Golf Course employee. The receiving report should be signed and dated by the employee and the delivery person.
- The signed packing slip or receiving report should be submitted to the Pro Shop Manager for Pro Shop orders. All other receiving documents should be submitted to the Golf Course Manager. Each manager compares the receiving documentation to the order entered in his/her vendor ledger. When the goods have been received in the condition and terms of the order, the date of delivery should be entered into the appropriate ledger.
- If goods are received as a result of a Purchase Order initiated by Murray State's Procurement Services, invoices will be submitted directly to Procurement Services by the vendor. Procurement Services cannot approve an invoice for payment until there is evidence that the goods have been received. Therefore, a copy of the signed and dated packing slip or receiving report should be sent to Procurement Services as soon as the goods are delivered to the Golf Course.
- If a Purchase Order was not issued for the merchandise or supplies received, the Pro Shop Manager should prepare a Purchase Confirmation to initiate payment of the vendor's invoice. The Pro Shop manager should verify the invoice against the packing slip or receiving report prior to submitting the invoice to the account directors for authorization of payment. The invoice and a copy of the signed and dated packing slip or receiving report should be submitted to Procurement Services with the signed Purchase Confirmation form.
Subject: Requests for Quotations - Miller Golf Course
Date: April 1, 1992
The Miller Golf Course is required to comply with the Murray State University's policy on expenditure of funds (See Section 3.01). Item Number 4 of Section 3.01 requires that the MSU Procurement Services be consulted for purchases of $500 or more. This policy provides an exception to Item Number 4 (B) of Section 3.01, which pertains to purchases within the $3,000 to $10,000 range.
In emergency situations (i.e. where the continuity of operation of the Golf Course would be interrupted), the Miller Golf Course will be permitted to solicit price quotations by FAX transmission. The following policy applies to FAX quotations obtained by Miller Golf Course.
- Approval should be obtained from the Assistant Director of Procurement Services to request quotations from vendors. This approval should be obtained on a case by case basis.
- A Request for Quotation (Exhibit 1) should be sent to a minimum of three vendors. A FAX Transmittal cover sheet (Exhibit 2) should be attached to each Request for Quotation. The vendor name and address should be listed on the transmittal sheet, but should be omitted from the Request for Quotation form sent to the vendor.
- After the three Request for Quotation forms have been faxed, the Vendor names should be entered on the Request for Quotation master copy. As the quotes are returned, each vendor's prices can be entered on the master copy.
- When all prices have been obtained, the Golf Course Manager should circle and initial that price which is most advantageous to the Foundation. If the low bid is not accepted, the Golf Course Manager must submit a letter of explanation to the Procurement Services
- After award of the FAX Quotation, the Golf Course Manager may notify the successful vendor and request shipment. Receipt of the incoming order may be acknowledged by a designated Golf Course employee by checking the materials/equipment against the master copy of the Quotation form.
- When an invoice has been received for the merchandise, a Purchase Requisition (Confirmation) should be submitted to Procurement Services. A copy of the master Quotation should be attached to the requisition, along with the invoice.
Detailed Instructions for FAX Quotations
- The Golf Course should maintain a log which contains the following information:
MMG - 100
MMG - 101
- Date Issued: Current Date
- Delivery Required: Be specific. Do not use A.S.A.P.
- Information: Miller Golf Course Contact Person
- To Be Opened: Quotes cannot be accepted after the time and date specified, UNLESS ONLY ONE OFFER IS RECEIVED.
- Address: Complete after the three Request for Quotation forms have been faxed.
- Tabulation: Complete as prices are received from each vendor. When all parties have been received, circle and initial prices to be accepted.
- Specification: Description of items for which quotations are being requested. Because the same Request for Quotation form is faxed to three different vendors, each vendor receives identical information on the specifications required.
- Signature: Vendors should be notified of the necessity to sign and date the offers that they submit.
Never reveal the name of the competition to other vendors. No information should be divulged until AFTER the award of the contract.