News and Events | Resources | Stonewall Scholars | Safe Zone Project | Alliance | Eracer | Out Racers: Take Your Place! | i>clickers | Program Administration
LGBT Program Coordinator
Jody Cofer Randall
226b Wells Hall
Jody Cofer Randall currently holds a dual appointment as the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Program Coordinator within the Division of Student Affairs, Vice President’s Office and as the Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Activity (URSA) Program Coordinator within Academic Affairs at Murray State University (MSU). Cofer Randall is the vice-chair of the MSU President’s Commission on Diversity and Inclusion. In 2013, Cofer Randall received the MSU President's Award for Diversity and Inclusion and in 2011 Cofer Randall received an MSU Staff Excellence Award. Currently, Cofer Randall serves as immediate past chair of the national Equality Federation Board of Directors following three years of service as Board co-chair. Cofer Randall also serves as chair of the City of Murray Human Rights Commission. Cofer Randall is a graduate of MSU and has been employed by the institution since the fall semester of 2001.
LGBT Programming Advisory Committee (Student members have one year terms and alumni/faculty/staff have two year terms. The Committee’s role shall be to: Advise the Coordinator with the planning, developing, and implementing LGBT programming; Assist in the coordination of the program’s activities with other campus units; and Serve as ambassadors to the broader University community for the program’s activities.)
- Steven Shupe, Representing MSU Alliance (2014)
- Morgan Randall and Jo Bennett, Representing Eracer (2014)
Additional students have been requested to represent Black Student Council and Student Government Association on the Advisory Committee.
- Will Hansen, J.D. (2002 alumnus) (2014)
- Dr. Josh Adair, ENG/PHI, Assistant Professor and Coordinator of Gender and Diversity Studies (2014)
- Dr. Kathy Callahan, HIS, Assistant Professor (2014)
- Dr. Jana Hackathorn, PSY, Assistant Professor (2015)
- Joe Hedges, JMC, Lecturer and Advisor to The Murray State News and thenews.org (2015)
- Dr. Peggy Munke, Social Work, Interim Program Director (2014)
Staff (and/or Administration)
- Charley Allen, University Communications, Web Design Specialist (2015)
- Dr. Renae Duncan, Provost’s Office, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education (2014)
- Judy Lyle, Health Services, Interim Associate Director (2015)
- Dr. Angie Trzepacz, Counseling Services, Director (2014)
D. Andrew Porter
Planning, Assessment, and Select Recommendations, etc.