Sexual Violence

What to Do If It Happens to You

•  Get to a safe place.

•  Ask a trusted friend to stay with you.

•  Call the police.

•  Go to a hospital as soon as possible.  Ask for an examination and evidence collection.  Request that the hospital take a urine sample for drug toxicology testing to be done by your law enforcement agency's crime lab.

•  Preserve as much physical evidence as possible.  Do not urinate, shower, bathe, douche or throw away the clothing you were wearing during the incidents

•  Call a rape crisis center for information and support.

Important Phone Numbers:

Women's Center

(270) 809-3140


Purchase Area Sexual Assault & Child Advocacy Center

(270) 753-5777



Counseling Services

(270) 809-6851


Murray State Police Department

(270) 809-2222