Ten Things To Know About The Women's Center
1. The Women's Center is NOT just for Women! Men may work or volunteer here, and several have in the past!
2. We are now located in Applied Science suite C-103. We moved from Ordway Hall.
3. We have lots of friendly faces and plenty of coffee and hot tea!
4. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for those that need a place to belong or for upperclassmen doing a practicum or internship in a relevant field.
5. We have a library with current books, videos, journals, pamphlets, and hand-outs dealing with issues relevant to college life such as stress management, sexual assault, body image, healthy relationships, etc.
6. We are the home of the G.R.O.W. (Growing into Respected Outstanding Women) mentoring program and the student organization S.P.A.R.K. (Students Promoting Awareness Rights and Knowledge).
7. We can assist you in finding resources for substance abuse, unplanned pregnancy and other issues you might face.
8. Consultation is offered but we no longer have individual counseling due to time consumption. If you need assistance or help, we can guide you in the right direction.
9. We do presentations, workshops, and have speakers throughout the school year around campus for various causes. We also have testing and screening sites for STDs and Eating Disorders.
10. We offer special programs/events campus-wide geared to students' health and well-being such as B.E. S.A.F.E. Week, Eating Disorders Awareness Week and many others!