Purpose and Charge
- To provide advice, counsel and assistance to the President in the formation of a campus-wide plan for increasing sustainability taking into account the mission of the institution and the return on investment, whether it be fiscal or reputational, and assisting with subsequent implementation.
- Identify major needs and topics of concern from various constituency groups engaged in campus sustainability efforts.
- Assess, support and assist with further development of the annual Sustainability Conference held on campus.
- Propose policies, programs, practices and other responses to address identified needs and concerns and monitor implementation following adoption.
- Promote and sustain strategic focus on issues of sustainability within the University community while collaborating with campus organization with related goals and objectives.
Wayne Harper*, Director, Grounds Maintenance
Dr. Joshua Jacobs*, Chief of Staff, Office of the President
Dr. Paul Walker, Assistant Professor, Humanities and Fine Arts
Greg Mayes, Assistant Professor, Science Engineering and Technology
Dr. Mike Kemp, Professor, Science Engineering and Technology
Dr. Rett Weber, Assistant Professor, Biological Sciences
Dr. Claire Fuller, Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
Dr. Howard Whiteman, Professor/Director of the Watershed Studies Institute
Dr. Steve White, Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
Kathy Timmons, Senior Lecturer
Paula Amols, Director/Dining Services
Dr. Reika Ebert, Associate Professor, Modern Languages
Dr. Iin Handayani, Assistant Professor, Agricultural Sciences
Dr. Pat Williams, Associate Professor, Agricultural Sciences
O. L. Robertson, Lecturer, Agricultural Sciences
Mike Gowen, Lecturer, Wellness and Therapeutic Sciences and Building Manager/Carr Health
Kevin Perry, Assistant Professor, Industrial and Engineering Technology
Dr. Randy Dunn **, President
MSU recycling| Murray Environmental Student Society |
Murray State University seeks to attain and maintain a place of leadership in all that we do. This includes leadership in environmental stewardship and sustainability on campus and in the larger community of which we are a part.
We are committed to examining the actual and potential environmental impacts associated with our activities and services in order to continually improve environmental performance.
This website is a clearinghouse for news and information about our efforts toward exemplary environmental stewardship.