Budget Review Team - Organizational Efficiencies
9/21/12Reviewed work done by Gold Team as template for other teams. Reviewed meaning of “essential” under guidelines and rubrics. Described basic framework for ORG EFF BPRT workload completion.
- Each subcommittee (blue, green, gold teams) will talk to persons in functional areas (and may check with others as necessary)
- Each subcommittee will make recommendations about each functional area
- In addition to the specific subcommittee recommendations for each functional area,
the subcommittee needs to include with the recommendation:
1. Back-of-envelop idea/estimate of possible first year cost savings (or amount for enhancement) as worth hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands.
2. Quick estimate of time to implement recommendation as less than one year, one to three years, or three to five years.
- Subcommittee recommendations (along with information identified above) will be posted to the team’s site on Blackboard (Bb).
- Subcommittees will complete their reviews of their assigned functional areas in next 5-6 weeks.
- Then, the entire BPR team will review the recommendations and estimates of each subcommittee at a later date.
- As the full BPR team works through the subcommittee recommendations and estimates, we believe additional recommendations that span across functional areas will emerge.
- While subcommittees are working on the function areas, Ross and Ann will start working on the generally agreed upon (red) items from our “voting” last week for possible recommendations that span across functional areas. They will post their recommendations and estimates under the Platinum (grey) tab in Bb.
- The entire BPR team will review the recommendations and estimates of Platinum’s work at a later date.
Discussed replacement of Tony Powell -- co-chair Beck will contact Josh Jacobs. Discussed initial impressions of Platinum team’s review of academies and camps. Discussed concerns about peak demand times and how to meet needs – dining services and transportation. Subcommittees met briefly. Sheri Riddle did a quick instruction on working in Google Docs.
During the first meeting on Friday, September 14, members gave their first cut of most important items from combined list of possible areas of inquiry posted on Sept 12. Members were divided into three teams -- BLUE, GREEN, GOLD and assigned to functional areas to review. Members were provided with the preliminary scoring rubric for review of functional areas developed by Program and Services for People BRPT and, later, the original prioritization metric provided at the kick-off luncheon. Members will be meeting weekly.