Purpose: To organize and conduct a program which provides a positive learning experience and prepares the individual for active Greek life. And also to conduct any such program in accordance with all federal, state, local, and university laws and by-laws.
1. Chapter should maintain an active mentoring program. (big bro, big sis, etc.)
2. Must initiate 85 % of those pledged/associated within the last two semesters.
3. Submit pledge/assoc/new member education outline for the last two semesters.
4. Provide any documentation or supportive information relative to any events, including
any speaker or co-sponsoring organization involved with the event and the number of individuals involved with the activity and their role. New Member Programs required by the Office of Greek Life and Student Organizations cannot be submitted.
5. The following questions should also be addressed:
- Why did your chapter choose this educational program?
- How did your new members/associates/pledges benefit from this program?
- What type of effect did the program have on your chapter?
- Why is this program deserving of the title of Outstanding New Membership Education Program?