Meal Plan Exemptions
To be exempt from the meal plan requirement, you must complete an exemption form within the first month of classes. Since exemptions are only valid for one semester, you must reapply at the start of each term. Download the form here or request one from the Dining Services Office on the first floor of the Curris Center. Please return it to the office or mail to 101 Curris Center, Murray, KY 42071.
- Freshmen and sophomore students (defined as students who have compiled fewer than 61 hours of college credit) are required to have a meal plan for at least four semesters. Exempted from this policy are students who:
- Have reached their 21st birthday prior to the first day of classes.
- Are veterans of at least two years' active military service with an honorable discharge.
- Are married.
- Commute to school daily from the permanent, legal residence of their parents (within
Requires a notarized letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian, and the Housing exemption form stating that you are commuting from their legal permanent residence. This process MUST be completed and approved through the Housing Office in order for the meal plan and Housing charges to be removed from your MyGate. NOTE: As a Freshman/Sophomore, the housing/meal charges are automatically assessed along with tuition charges.
- Have resided in residence halls for four semesters, excluding summers.
Exemptions are rarely granted if you do not meet the listed criteria.