Admission Procedures

Students must have previously earned at least 60 credit hours and have a 2.2 GPA, or have special permission from the Regional Academic Outreach Dean, to be eligible for admission to the program.  


In order to apply for admission to the Integrated Studies program at Murray State University, students must do one of the following:

1. Apply online


2. If you are a Project Graduate student or have a 5-week or half-semester course start date, please submit your completed Integrated Studies Application with a check written to Murray State University for the $40.00 non-refundable application fee. You may also need to include a copy of your driver's license. 


Send the application and official transcripts from all colleges attended to:

Transfer Center

Murray State University

302 Lowry Center

Murray, KY 42071


Before applying again or requesting new transcripts, the student should call the Transfer Center at (270) 809-3350 to see if previous transcripts are still on file. The Transfer Center will accept electronic transcripts from other accredited institutions. Students who applied for admission to Murray State as new students but did not enroll may need to complete new ap­plications for admission. Before applying again or requesting new transcripts, the student should call the Transfer Center to see if the materials sent before are still on file. Verification of residency for tuition purposes may be required.



Once you are admitted, you will receive a letter of acceptance in the mail. You will then need to contact your Integrated Studies academic advisor to get signed into the first course, BIS 399. Completion of registration for this course and payment of tuition and fees enroll you in the Integrated Studies program. At that time you may also register for other classes on myGate.


Former Murray State Students
If you previously attended Murray State, prior to 2007, and would like to know what you need to graduate, fill out this Information Release form and follow instructions on the form to either fax or mail it in. Once you have submitted your release form, an advisor will be happy to access your MSU transcripts and put together a tentative degree plan for you.  If you have attended since 2007, please call 800-669-7654 or contact your nearest MSU regional campus for assistance from a BIS advisor.


Helpful Links

Transfer Center   Paying for College   Tuition and Fees   Registrar   

Undergraduate Catalogs   Know How to Go KY   BIS Advisors

Our site is new

Help us make it better, and tell us what you think.