What skills will a theatre major bring to the table?
By Louis Catron
WHAT THEATRE MAJORS LEARN:
THE ADVANTAGES THEATRE MAJORS HAVE FOR ALL JOBS
What Can You "Do" with a Theatre Major? Plenty!
25 Special Advantages YOU Have.
Of course theatre majors can "do" theatre. But they also develop a neatly large number of highly valuable skills that make them valuable employees for any job. This article seeks to help you recognize your special advantages as a theatre major.... more advantages than almost all other liberal arts grads have.
25 SPECIAL ADVANTAGES THE THEATRE MAJOR HAS--- (and may not even know!)
1. Oral Communication Skills
2. Creative Problem Solving Abilities
3. More than "get it done"
4. Motivation and Commitment
5. Willingness to Work Cooperatively
6. The Ability to Work Independently
7. Time-budgeting Skills
9. Promptness and Respect for Deadlines
10. Acceptance of Rules
11. The Ability to Learn Quickly-- AND Correctly
12. Respects for Colleagues
13. Respects for Authority
14. Adaptability and Flexibility
15. The Ability to Work Under Pressure
16. A Healthy Self-Image
17. Acceptance of Disappointment-- And Ability to Bounce Back
19. A Goal-Oriented Approach to Work
22. A Willingness to Accept Responsibility
23. Leadership Skills
25. Enjoyment -- "This is Fun!"
AND MORE. MUCH, MUCH MORE