MA TESOL 12-Month Option
ANNOUNCEMENT: New Application Deadlines for International Students
Application deadlines for international students are May 31 to begin study in the fall, and October 15 to begin study in the spring. We have established these deadlines to allow sufficient time to process all required documents before arrival on campus. See the Institute for International Studies Admissions page for more information.
For applicants who live in the United States, we still recommend that you apply three months before the desired start term. See Graduate Admissions for more information.
The Murray State University TESOL Program is proud to announce an option that allows you to earn a Master of Arts in TESOL in one calendar year. Designed for those who may be able to study intensively on campus in Murray for a shorter time, this program allows qualified students to begin studies in July and complete all course and field requirements in twelve months.
Note that this is an accelerated curriculum of the full Murray State University MA program in TESOL—students may not accelerate if they are assigned prerequisite courses or are conditionally admitted to the program. Contact the TESOL program director Dr. M. Sue Sroda for more information.
Sample Course of Studies
- TSL 600: Methods and Materials for Teaching ESL/EFL
- TSL 609: Foundations of Second Language Acquisition (3 hours) (prerequisite: ENG 310 or ENG 618 or Introductory Linguistics class)
- TSL 620: Computer Assisted Language Learning (3 hours)
- TSL 680: Practicum (3 hours) (prerequisite: TSL 600)
- TSL/ENG 634: Language and Culture (3 hours)
- TSL 623: Testing and Evaluation in Second Language Teaching (3 hours)
- TSL 605: Teaching ESL/EFL Writing (3 hours)
- TSL 610: Applied Linguistics and Professional Practices (3 hours)
- TSL 615: Course and Syllabus Design in ESL/EFL (3 hours)
- TSL 653: Integrated ESL/EFL Skills Seminar (4 hours)
- TSL 690: Internship (3 hours)
For applicants who live in the United States, we recommend you apply three months before the desired start term. See Graduate Admissions for more information.
Application deadlines for international students are May 31 for the fall semester, and October 15 for the spring semester to allow sufficient time to process all required documents before arrival on campus. See the Institute for International Studies Admissions page for more information.
Dr. M. Sue Sroda
TESOL Program Director
7C Faculty Hall
Department of English and Philosophy
Murray State University
Murray KY 42071-3341