Faculty Scholars Program
TQI and the College of Science, Engineering and Technology, and the College of Humanities and Fine Arts have joined together to establish full-time lecturer positions in a unique program to address teacher quality. This program, known as the Faculty Scholars Program, currently has content specialists in Mathematics, Spanish, Humanities and Fine Arts and Geoscience. The scholars have teaching responsibilities on campus in academic departments for 25% of their time. The remaining 75% of their assignment is to work collaboratively with content teachers in area P-12 schools to strengthen their classroom performance with the ultimate goal being to improve student learning. The Faculty Scholars may be assigned or attached to a P-12 teacher(s) from a few days to as long as a semester and provide job embedded professional development. A long-term commitment with a daily presence in the classroom by the scholar working side by side in support of the teacher is more likely to produce the desired impact on improving instruction.
This program has the capacity to vary greatly according to the needs of a school or teacher. The content specialist working side-by-side with the classroom teacher to improve instruction and student achievement forms a positive bond between the practicing teacher and the university faculty scholar that results in higher achievement of students.
Contact the Faculty Scholars: Richard Grainger
Constance Alexander - Fine Arts and Humanities
Alternative Certification | Dual Credit | Faculty Scholars Program | Future Educators Association
Grants | KDE Minority Scholarship | Recruitment and Retention | Scholarships
Summer Institutes | TQI Faculty and Staff