Threat of Harm
THREAT OF HARM
In the event of immediate danger:
- Call MSU Police at 911 or 2222.
- Take immediate action to move yourself and others from harms way (in the immediate vicinity of event).
- Initiate Shelter In Place procedures.
- Go to the nearest room or office.
- Close and lock or barricade the door.
- Cover the door windows and turn off lights.
- Keep quiet and act as if no one is in the room.
- DO NOT answer the door.
- Call MSU Police at 911 or 2222, and inform of:
7. Silence cell phones.
8. Wait for emergency responders to assist you out of the building.
Warning Signs of Danger:
- Possession of weapon
- Suicide threats or statements
- Detailed threats of violence
- Rage for minor reasons
- Destruction of property
- Conflicts with peers, family, others
- Feelings of isolation or rejection
- Victim of violence or bullying
- Uncontrolled anger
- Talk of suicide
- Marked changes in appearance
- Expressions of violence in writings or drawings
- Distorted or bizarre thoughts and statements
If you become concerned that an individual may pose a risk of harming him/herself or others, call MSU Police at 911 or 2222 and give information on individual.
Report a crime in progress or suspected criminal activity to MSU Police at 911 or 2222. Relay as much information as possible, including, when applicable:
- The nature of the crime
- The location
- Physical description of the perpetrator
- The type of weapons involved
- Vehicle description and license number
- Direction of travel when last seen
DO NOT APPROACH OR ATTEMPT TO APPREHEND THE PERPETRATOR. Stay on the telephone with POLICE until the first officer arrives.