Requirements | Checklist | Apply | General Information | Graduate Bulletin | Commencement Information | Contacts
Graduate Admission Checklist
Completing the application and establishing residency status.
- Read through the admissions information available online and in the current Graduate Bulletin (Online Graduate Bulletins are available on the Registrars Page).
- Be sure to check the academic department links for program-specific admissions requirements such as letters of recommendation, Graduate Record Exam, resume or vitae, copies of professional licensures, writing samples, etc.
- You may download the application directly from the web. For online applications: download, complete, and print the application and send it to MSU. (Link to the Graduate Application: http://www.murraystate.edu/admissions/pdf/gradapp.pdf)
- Sign your application where indicated. Your signature is required before we can process your application for admission.
- Make sure you indicate which term you wish to begin your studies at MSU.
- Submit your completed Graduate Admission Application and mail the application and the non-refundable $40 application fee to: Graduate Admissions, Murray State University, 113 Sparks Hall, Murray KY 42071.
- Request an official college transcript to be sent directly to MSU Graduate Admissions from EACH institution attended. A transcript submitted by the student will not be accepted. You will not need to request your MSU transcript. REMEMBER: To be accepted as official, ALL transcripts and score reports must be mailed directly to our office from the original source.
- Submit an official GMAT or GRE score report from Educational Testing Service in Princeton, NJ if these tests are required for the desired program.
- Submit a copy of valid teaching certificate if applicable.
- If your name has changed since you last attended MSU, you must submit documentation for name change. Acceptable documents include a copy of a marriage certificate, a divorce decree indicating that you are changing your name, or of the appropriate court order showing the name change.
- IF YOU ARE CLAIMING KY, IL, IN, MO, or TN RESIDENCY, part of the application process, according to KRS 164.020(8), is to provide documentation of residency for tuition purposes. Therefore, you need to provide:
- a copy of your current driver's license
- a copy of your car registration
- These may be sent along with your application. If additional documents are required, you will be informed. Be sure all copies are legible.
Other items that may be requested are:
- a detailed letter sent directly from employer including address on record, date of hire, # hours worked
- a copy of lease or deed
- a copy of your KY tax return (# amounts may be blacked out) If you (or your spouse) are active duty military stationed in KY, submit a copy of your military ID and a copy of military orders showing permanent station.