Financial Aid | Minority Graduate Fellowships | Graduate Assistantships
Minority Graduate Fellowship Program
Murray State University is committed to increasing the diversity and quality of our nation's graduates. Toward that end Murray State annually supports up to 10 minority graduate fellowships open to students in any graduate field available at the university.
The Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is soliciting applications for Minority Graduate Fellowships to begin August 15, 2013. Recipients of these fellowships will receive a full tuition waiver and a stipend totaling $2,500 per semester for up to four semesters.
Eligibility criteria include the following:
• Must be an African-American resident of Kentucky or an MSU Regional Incentive Area
• Must be admitted unconditionally to a graduate program as a degree-seeking student
• Must have achieved a minimum undergraduate or graduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 0 - 4.0 scale)
• Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours of graduate coursework during the semesters of the award and maintain a 3.0 GPA
• Must work on campus, or at one of the MSU’s regional campuses, under the supervision of a MSU faculty member or administrative staff member for a minimum of 20 hours per week (documented). Duties may include assisting with the teaching of a course or lab, assisting with special projects, hosting student affairs type activities, or other duties as assigned. Individuals accepted for a fellowship will be placed in an office at MSU in consultation with the student and a faculty/staff mentor.
• Successful individuals will be eligible to retain their fellowship for a total of four (4) semesters provided all criteria are met each semester. Students do not have to reapply each semester, but must request continuation of their fellowship no later than October 1 for the spring, and April 1 for the fall semester by notification to Courtney Noland in the Office of the Provost by mail or email.
Please refer any questions to Courtney Noland (270-809-5304; firstname.lastname@example.org).
MGF Application 2013-2014