ITV site facilitator checklist
ITV Facilitator Duties and Responsibilities | ITV Faculty Handbook | Facilitator Checklist | Student Guide | Contact
Download as pdf
1. At the beginning of the class, be sure to introduce yourself. Let
the class know that you are responsible for opening the room, turning
on the equipment, proctoring exams, collecting classwork, mailing it,
and distributing materials from the professor. In addition, you may also
be responsible for taping the classes if needed.
2. Remember to provide an orientation on the operation and control
of the video equipment. This includes pointing out how to turn on the
equipment as well as how to control the microphones, speakers, and
cameras. Doing this will allow the students to understand what needs to
be done if the remote sites ask them to "reboot" or "adjust their
3. Orient the students on how to use the fax machine.
4. Inform the students what they should do with materials that need
to be mailed to the instructor.
5. Emphasize that if a technical problem occurs and the connection
is lost, that Murray needs to be contacted ASAP!
6. Remember to post a listing of phone numbers for MSU and the other
sites. This will help the students if they need to fax materials to
7. Also, please indicate a number and a location where you may be
reached in the building in the event you are needed. This will help the
students easily find you if needed.
8. Please indicate what the students should do in the event that the
doors are locked, the equipment isn't turned on, etc. This should
include some phone numbers where yourself and MSU personnel may be
9. In the event of inclimate weather, the students should probably
consult the TV listings or contact MSU directly. Typically if the
hosting site closes their facility due to weather, MSU will cancel
classes there as well. However, classes at MSU will continue as