Susan Muller, PhD, MCHES
Welcome to the College of Health Sciences and Human Services at Murray State University. We invite you to explore our web pages and discover the many educational opportunities available at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Health Sciences and Human Services has three academic departments; Occupational Safety and Health; Applied Health Sciences; and Community Leadership and Human Services, as well as the Purchase Area Health Education Center.
The disciplines housed in the College have their foundations grounded in service and are dedicated to improving the health and welfare of the public. These programs prepare our graduates for their professions utilizing service-learning and community outreach or clinical engagement to apply the theories and concepts learned in the classroom to real-world situations. Each department in the College houses nationally accredited programs as follows:
Applied Health Sciences -
- Athletic Training - Commission on the Accreditation of Athletic Training Programs (CAATE)
- Dietetics - Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Speech-Language Pathology - the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA)
Occupational Safety and Health -
- B.S. and M.S. Occupational Safety and Health - Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET (ASAC/ABET)
Community Leadership and Human Services -
- Social Work - Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
We invite you to visit us on Facebook, contact us via e-mail, or visit us on campus to talk personally with our dedicated faculty. Come join us in the College of Health Sciences and Human Services, improve the quality of your life by entering a career in service to others!