Master of Business Administration - Accounting option
The MBA Accounting Option curriculum requirements are divided into three parts:
- foundation courses,
- undergraduate accounting courses, and
- graduate courses.
The undergraduate and foundation courses are designed to form a base upon which the student can build in the graduate phase of the program. A student who has satisfactorily completed one or more equivalent courses prior to entering the program will be given a waiver for previous work. A minimum grade of 'C' is required to satisfy each required undergraduate course.
| I. Foundation Courses1) |
- Level I:
- ACC 490 Survey of Accounting
- (or ACC 200 Principles of Accounting I and ACC 201 Principles of Accounting II)
- ECO 500 Foundations of Economic Analysis
- (or ECO 230 Principles of Macroeconomics and ECO 231 Principles of Microeconomics)
- MAT 220 Business Calculus
- Level II:
- BPA 355 Information Systems and Decision Making2)
- FIN 330 Principles of Finance
- MGT 350 Fundamentals of Management
- MKT 360 Principles of Marketing
- Level II:
- CIS 443 Business Statistics III3)
- All foundation courses must be completed by the time a student finishes 15 hours of graduate course work.
- A student with a weak background in computers should take CSC 199 before enrolling in BPA 355 or ACC 308. (BPA 355 was formerly listed as CIS 445.)
- A student with a weak background in statistics may prefer to enroll in CIS 243 and/or CIS 343 before enrolling in CIS 443.
II. Undergraduate Accounting Courses
|ACC 300 Intermediate Accounting I |
|ACC 301 Intermediate Accounting II |
|ACC 302 Federal Income Tax |
|ACC 303 Cost Accounting |
|ACC 506 Principles of Auditing and Assurance Services |
* Important Notes:
III. MBA Courses
|Course Work ||Semester Hours |
|CIS 653 Management Science for Managerial Decision Making ||3 |
|ECO 625 Managerial Economics ||3 |
|FIN 602 Corporate Finance ||3 |
|MGT 651 Seminar in Organizational Behavior ||3 |
|MGT 656 Seminar in Strategic Management ||3 |
|MKT 667 Marketing Planning and Application ||3 |
- Limited Electives (6 hrs. must be at 600 level)
- ACC 500 Advanced Accounting (3 hrs.)
- ACC 501 Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities (3 hrs.)
- ACC 502 Advanced Income Tax (3 hrs.)
- ACC 503 Advanced Cost Accounting (3 hrs.)
- ACC 602 Tax Planning and Research (3 hrs.)
- ACC 604 Quantitative Financial Controls(3 hrs.)
- ACC 606 Auditing Theory and Practice (3 hrs.)
- ACC 608 Seminar in Accounting Information Systems (3 hrs.)
- ACC 609 Issues in Corporate Financial Reporting (3 hrs.)
- LST 540 Commercial Transactions (3 hrs.)
|Total MBA Requirements* ||30 |
- All electives must be selected with the approval of the MBA director.
- No foundation course may be used as an MBA elective.
- The MBA Option in Accounting consists of 12 hours of graduate-level accounting courses, nine hours of which must be at the 600 level.