Purpose and Charge
- To provide advice, counsel and assistance to the Murray State University Vice President for Student Affairs and Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs in the formation of a comprehensive, strategic and cohesive campus-wide plan for the retention of students and assist with subsequent implementation.
- To provide leadership for planning, developing, assessing and improving Murray State University’s retention efforts across all areas of the University in order to meet retention and graduation rate goals established by the Council on Postsecondary Education and the Murray State University Board of Regents.
- To identify best retention practices centered around policies, services and programs across academic and student affairs units.
- To address and remedy identified needs and concerns and monitor implementation and effectiveness of new and existing retention initiatives.
- To promote and sustain strategic focus of the University community on issues of retention and graduation rates.
Dr. Angie Trzepacz Director of University Counseling Services
Dr. Barbara Cobb Associate Professor, Dept of English and Philosophy, Coordinator of Academic Advising
Benjamin Stinnett Retention Specialist
Dr. Bonnie Higginson Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Chastity Richmond Retention Specialist
Dan Lavit Assistant Dean, Continuing Education and Outreach, Director Distance Learning
Dr. Don Robertson Vice President for Student Affairs
Dr. Edward Thome Chair, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Statistics
Frederic Dietz Executive Director for Enrollment Management
Fugen Muscio Coordinator of Institutional Research
Dr. James Mantooth* Director of Retention Services
Jeremiah Johnson SGA President and Student Regent
Jessica Evans Administrative Assistant I, Health Sciences and Human Services
Dr. Joshua Jacobs** Chief of Staff, Office of the President
Judith Lyle Interim Associate Director for Health Services
Lana Jennings Director of Community College
Mike Young Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Olympia Stewart Coordinator of Academic Transitions, Advising and Advising Center Operations
Dr. Paul Lucko Associate Professor, Div. of Criminal Justice, Chair of Residential College Heads Council
Peggy Whaley Coordinator of Academic Transitions, Advising and Advising Center Communications
Dr. Randy Dunn** President
Dr. Renae Duncan* Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
Dr. Ross Meloan Director Career Services
Dr. Timothy Todd Dean, College of Business
Tracy Roberts Registrar