Who gets a RacerCard? Murray Campus: All Murray State University students, faculty and staff at the main Murray, Ky., campus should have a RacerCard. You may find it hard to get around without it. Extended Campuses: Those studying at extended campuses are not required to have a RacerCard, and most likely won't need one on a day-to-day basis. You are, however, welcome to come to the main office in Murray and have one made. Many businesses do offer student discounts and there's no shame in Racer pride!
Do faculty and staff need a Racercard? Some University workers need a RacerCard to clock in and out for work, but most faculty and staff are not required to have a RacerCard. Still, you may find it handy for some campus activities (i.e. Wellness Center) and local business discounts. Stop by the RacerCard office anytime between 8a.m. and 4:30p.m. Monday through Friday to have yours made at no cost to you.
How much does a RacerCard cost? RacerCards are $20. The one-time fee is included on your first tuition bill if you attend the main Murray, Ky., campus. This fee is waived for faculty and staff. If you attend a Murray State extended campus, you will need to pay for your RacerCard when you have it made. The RacerCard office accepts cash, check, credit and debit cards. Office hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Replacement cards are also $20. Please see Replacement Cards for more information. There is no charge to update a RacerCard to include the M number.
When and where are ID pictures taken? New freshmen and transfer students should have their pictures taken at Summer O. All other pictures will be taken during regular business hours at the RacerCard office located on the first floor of the Curris Center. The RacerCard Office keeps most pictures on file. You are not required to have a new picture taken for lost or damaged cards.
Where do I pick up my card? Students living on campus will receive their RacerCards upon moving into a residential college or college courts. Commuters may pick up their cards at the RacerCard Office in August. Faculty or staff member may also pick up their cards at the Racer Card office.
Can a friend or co-worker pick up my card for me? No. The RacerCard is the official form of identification for Murray State and the RacerCard Office will take all steps neccessary to prevent fraudulent use. For this reason, you must pick up your card in person and also present a photo ID such as a driver's license to the RacerCard staff memeber.
Will I need to show another form of ID to receive my RacerCard? Yes. You will need to present another photo ID, such as a driver's license, to receive your card. The RacerCard is the official form of identification for Murray State and the RacerCard Office will take all steps neccessary to prevent fraudulent use. For this reason, you must pick up your card in person and cannot ask a friend or coworker to pick it up for you.
Can I let my friend borrow my RacerCard? No. Can your friend borrow your driver's license? No. Your RacerCard is an official form of identification and is yours alone. If you want to let friends borrow you card to use your meal plan, make sure to go with them. If a Dining Services cashier catches someone using someone else's card, it will be confiscated.
When I swipe my card, nothing happens. Don't worry, sometimes a card may become de-magnitized. The RacerCard office staff will be happy to re-encode the magnetic strip on the back of your card any time during the semester. Be careful not to bend or scratch your card. By taking good care of your RacerCard, you will avoid paying the $20 replacement fee.
Do I need a new RacerCard each semester? No. RacerCards never expire. It should last your entire academic career at Murray State and stay on for a nostalgic encore in the back of your wallet. Please note: Some privileges, such as Wellness Center access, will cease after you graduate and are no longer enrolled as a Murray State student.
Why do some cards look different from others? Commuter cards look slightly different to help residential colleges increase security. This way, Housing and Public Safty staff can know at glance whether someone is a campus resident. Residential college policy states all guests are to be escorted by a college resident.
Care of the RacerCard. If taken care of properly, the RacerCard should last all four years at MSU. It should not be bent or scratched. It must be in good condition to enable the card readers to scan effectively.
Didn't find what you're looking for? 
Phone us at 809-3003, email us, or stop by our office on the first floor of the Curris Center.