Take Your Place in the Murray State Tradition
Lobby of Clark Residential College

Skip Navigation LinksCampus > Housing Office > Housing forms

Housing Forms


Mission StatementRates | Exemptions | Disabilities assignments and appealsForms | Jobs |                                    

What to bring/What NOT to bring to college | Bed loft informationFrequently asked questionsStaff | Contact us | 

Student Life Handbook |

Housing Web Ad 3


Residential College Contract - All residents living on campus will sign their residential college contract at the residence hall they have been assigned to as part of the check in process.  Please click on the link provided to review the contract prior to arriving to campus.

Cancel Your Housing for Spring 2015 or Transfer Your Housing Deposit to Fall 2015

Spring Cancellation Form

Please note that freshmen and sophomores are required to live on campus.  Residents are encouraged to review the conditions for cancelling housing to determine eligibility.

Housing deposit refunds will be processed in January 2015.  To receive a refund, minus any fees owed to Murray State University, you must submit your cancellation by December 1, 2014.  Please note that refunds are disseminated by the Bursars Office. 

For those residents transferring their housing deposit to the fall semester, their deposit will NOT be processed for refund at this time. The deposit will remain active and be applied to the fall semester.

Request a Change to Your On-Campus Housing Assignment!

The deadline for students to request a change to their on-campus spring 2015 housing assignment was Friday, November 14.  Residents requesting a change (new room and/or roommate) will receive an email (sent to their Murray State email Account) with information regarding the status of their request.  

Our Room Change Request Forms will be reposted in January 2015 after the residence halls open for the spring semester on Sunday, January 11.

Our office will begin reviewing student requests for the spring semester on Monday, November 17.  Please note, completing and submitting a room change request form does not automatically guarantee the request will be granted. Requests are granted ONLY if space is available.

Residents who are approved to change rooms for the spring 2015 semester will be expected to complete their move and all the appropriate paperwork prior to leaving campus for the Christmas/Winter Break.  This may involve remaining on campus a few days after final exams are complete.  Final exams should be top priority!  Students will not be expected to move until after they have completed their final exams.

In-College Move Request

For residents wishing to change rooms and/or roommates within their current college.   All individuals involved MUST currently reside in the same college. 

College to College Move Request

For individuals wishing to be reassigned to another college.

Also, for individuals wanting to remain in their present college, but requesting to room with someone currently living in another facility.  Individuals interested in College Courts please contact the Housing Office.

Private Room Request

Request for a private room may be submitted for any of our residence halls; however, private rooms are only granted as space permits.  A private room is $1,000 more (per semester) than the double room rate.

Request for Housing Reasonable Accommodation Form

Form includes instructions for proper completion and submission.  Please note that supporting medical documentation may be required.


Housing Exemption Forms

On-Campus Housing Exemption Application

Required for freshmen or sophomores wishing to commute daily from their parents' home (within a 50 mile radius of the University).  The On-Campus Housing Exemption Application must be submitted ALONG with the Housing Exemption Agreement of Understanding Form and the Notary Form.  All appropriate forms must be submitted to the MSU Housing Office through fax, mail, or in person.

  • Notary Form - Must be signed by the parent in the presence of a notary.  Notaries are available in the MSU Housing Office.

Please visit our Housing Exemptions page for more information on additional reasons for requesting an exemption.

Faculty and Staff Housing Discount

Faculty and Staff Housing Discount Letter
Murray State University faculty and staff are eligible to receive a $100 discount (offer available each semester - excluding summer terms) on their son/daughter's residential college room rent.   

Housing and Residence Life Brochures

MSU Housing Viewbook - Download our viewbook for a general overview of on-campus living.

Residential College Floor Plan Brochure
For room dimensions and featured room amenities please download our Residential College Floor Plan Brochure


National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)

Do you consider yourself as one of the top 1% of Residential College Leaders?  If so, apply today for membership in Murray State's National Residence Hall Honorary.

Membership Application

Decorative image
Site Directory