Rights and responsibilities
- You have the right to expect that members of our staff will be available to assist you.
- You have the right to expect to be kept informed. Murray State strives through publications, correspondence and other media to provide students and parents with updated information.
- You have the right to expect fair treatment. Murray State does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, age, disability, sex or national origin.
Billing Rights Summary
- When you schedule classes, you accept the liability for payment of all associated fees unless you complete the procedure for official withdrawal.
- You are responsible for being knowledgeable of Murray State's payment policies by reviewing the Bursar's Office web-site of information and all other pertinent information.
- You are responsible for making payment arrangements with the Bursar's Office in accordance with the guidelines set forth in Murray State's payment policy.
- You are responsible for satisfying all financial obligations with the university before you will be granted a release of grade report/transcript/diploma.
- You are responsible for collection costs that occur as a result of your account being placed with an internal collector or an outside collection agency.
- In case of errors or questions about your bill:
If you feel there is an error on your billing statement or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write to us at the Bursar's Office, Murray State University, 200 Sparks Hall, Murray, KY 42071-3312 as soon as possible. Be sure to include student name and M#, a daytime phone number, amount of the suspected error, and description of the error. Also explain why you believe there is an error. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send you the first bill on which the error or problem appears.