The MSU Reading Experience is an exciting opportunity to foster the intellectual—and tremendously fun—pursuit of reading at Murray State University. In years past, the event was known as the Freshman Reading Experience. We changed the name because, as we’ve discovered to our delight, people across the campus community engage in the reading each year, and we want to encourage people university-wide to participate.
The purpose of the MSU Reading Experience is:
- To provide a common academic experience for incoming freshmen.
- To introduce students to intellectual life at, and academic expectations of, Murray State University.
- To foster an active awareness of, and appreciation for, diversity.
- To create a greater sense of community among students, faculty, and staff.
- To establish an appreciation for reading and participating in cultural events.