Program Mission, Philosophy, and Core Values
The mission of the Doctorate in P-20 and community Leadership is to develop innovative P-20 leaders who leverage all available P-12, postsecondary and community resources to create educational and economic opportunities for their regions.
The P-20 focused philosophy of the program purposefully spans the “boundaries” of pK-12, postsecondary and community agencies. It also provides a distinctive and timely approach to changing and complex educational and community environments.
Values and Beliefs
- P-20 leaders must be masters of change and innovation.
- P-20 leaders must understand the interplay between all levels of education, policy and economics.
- P-20 leaders must be committed to life-long learning and the challenging needs of learners.
- P-20 leaders must exhibit a diverse worldview and maintain an ethical center.
- P-20 leaders must be prepared to explore creative, alternative solutions to educational problems.